DR RHONDA PATRICK
The Science of Wrinkle Prevention ⎯ Building Resilient Skin
Your skin is a crucial barrier to the outside world – the first line of defense against environmental exposures, and the primary means by which the body retains fluids necessary for survival. Consequently, maintaining a healthy skin barrier is important for your overall health.
In this Aliquot
Dr. Rhonda describes some things you can do to protect your skin and possibly prevent wrinkles, too.
Aliquot #85: The Science of Wrinkle Prevention ⎯ Building Resilient Skin
- 00:00:00 - The role of UV exposure in skin aging
- 00:00:19 - Strategies for reducing the effects of photoaging
- 00:00:40 - Preventing photoaging with hydrolyzed collagen
- 00:02:41 - Cocoa for improved circulation and cognition
- 00:09:39 - The connection between sugar and skin damage
- 00:10:18 - Why exercise and glycemic control prevents wrinkles
- 00:11:57 - Rhonda's skincare routine << Cellbone Skincare Product>>
- 00:14:04 - Can skincare prevent senescence?
- 00:15:06 - Collagen vs. hyaluronic acid
- 00:18:39 - Marketing vs. science in red light therapy
- 00:21:21 - The effect of heat on absorption properties of skin
This episode features a variety of segments from various episodes of our members' Q&A series:
- Q&A #11 (cocoa)
- Q&A #13 (toxin absorption through the skin)
- Q&A #35 (sugar intake)
- Q&A #38 (skin cell senescence)
- Q&A #41 (collagen supplementation)
- Q&A #42 (Dr. Rhonda's skincare routine)